Saturday, February 9, 2013

Classic Post: Dr. Seuss I Ain't

Cliff Note: Back in 2008, when I started writing my poetry on my blogs, I wrote this one. I'm reposting it for those who are new to my rhymes:

or, Horton blogs a who?

They say we bloggers aren't so smart
We have no brains, we have no heart
Well I am here, I want to say
We are special in every way.

We blog of laughter
We blog of tears
We blog of chicken
And imported beers

We blog of our houses
We blog of our cars
We blog of signs
We blog of bars

We blog when it's raining
We blog when it's sunny
We write our comments
When your blog is funny

We blog of our work
We blog of our food
And when we are finished
We blog of our mood

We blog of our spouses
Our sisters and brothers
Our friends and our famlies
And then we find others

We blog of our drives
We blog of our trips
We make some mistakes
We blog of our slips

We blog in a car
We blog in a boat
In the middle of winter
We blog in a coat

We blog about peanuts
We blog about coke
Some of us even
Blog about smoke

Some bloggers live near
Some bloggers live far
If you're on my blogroll
I think you're a star

And while I have blogged this
It popped in my head
Dr Seuss couldn't blog this
Because he is dead

No comments: